[SOLVED] Sapphire Radeon or Sapphire Radeon Pulse?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So I’m looking for a Radeon Rx 5700 xt. Sapphire is the lead in AMD Manufacturing, right? So they got two models, the Sapphire Radeon Rx 5700 xt, and the Sapphire Radeon Pulse Rx 5700 xt. What’s the difference? I couldn’t find any differences besides that the pulse has two fan modules and it seems to be smaller. Does that mean it is cooler but less powerful? Or it’s just cooler and quieter? It’s only $20 more, so If there is a big difference I don’t mind getting that one, but if there isn’t a big difference or there is a downside I want to know.

Solution
The reason the other cards, the blower style FE cards, are good for SFF or ITX builds is because often the SFF cases do not have great cooling so the fact that those cards vent all their heat out the back of the case helps to keep internal case temperatures lower. An aftermarket card like the Pulse doesn't always work well in SFF builds because they are often right up against the PSU or case, and are adding all of their heat into the internal case air with few case fans to get that heat out.
One is a reference card and one is a custom PCB aftermarket design. Unless you have a very small form factor or mini ITX build, you probably do not want an FE (Founders edition/reference) blower type card. They are generally lower performance. The Pulse is the card you want if you are going to buy a 5700 xt.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
One is a reference card and one is a custom PCB aftermarket design. Unless you have a very small form factor or mini ITX build, you probably do not want an FE (Founders edition/reference) blower type card. They are generally lower performance. The Pulse is the card you want if you are going to buy a 5700 xt.
I’m a little confused. The pulse is smaller, and you said it’s for mini atx builds, but you also said the pulse is the card I want. Do I get the regular card (the same as all the other manufacturers), or the sapphire-only pulse card?

I didn't say that. I said the regular XT, which is the FE or reference model, is the one you don't want. That has a single fan and is a blower style card.

The Pulse is an aftermarket custom PCB model. That is the card you want if you are going to get any AMD based 5700 or 5700 XT. Sapphire is the go to manufacturer for AMD cards. XFX is also good.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I didn't say that. I said the regular XT, which is the FE or reference model, is the one you don't want. That has a single fan and is a blower style card.

The Pulse is an aftermarket custom PCB model. That is the card you want if you are going to get any AMD based 5700 or 5700 XT. Sapphire is the go to manufacturer for AMD cards. XFX is also good.
Ok, thanks. The pulse is smaller, so I assumed your were talking about it when you said that it was made for a mini atx and was less powerful. I will be getting the pulse and thanks again!

The reason the other cards, the blower style FE cards, are good for SFF or ITX builds is because often the SFF cases do not have great cooling so the fact that those cards vent all their heat out the back of the case helps to keep internal case temperatures lower. An aftermarket card like the Pulse doesn't always work well in SFF builds because they are often right up against the PSU or case, and are adding all of their heat into the internal case air with few case fans to get that heat out.

Solution

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Ah, ok that makes more since. I have a Phanteks eclipse p400s case, it has a compartment for the psu in the back, not under the graphics card. I have a pretty powerful cpu cooler and, Even though I’m only using the fans that came with the case, I’m planning on replacing it with 4 Noctua fans, does that sound like I should be getting the pulse?