Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Nitro on a 15 year pc?is it ok?

Rudigarcia222

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
hello i already ordered a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Nitro/its gonna be delivered in a week/
i decided to build a new gaming pc in the end of november(cause of bf),so im gonna buy the rest after some weeks

now i got a 15year old pc with a lc 350watt /an intel 32bit e2180 2ghz and for mobo a gigabyte gsm 945-s2l ,my question is can i try the gpu on this system jyust to be sure its ok (or its gonna explode or sth)

Solution
To start with, that PSU isn't even minimum spec for the system. On top of that it's 15 years old. IIRC Nvidia and AMD quit offering drivers for 32 bit systems a while back and recently, respectively.
Chances are that even if you got it to show video it would be on some manner of legacy driver. I would not expect it being worthwhile. Be patient.

I would suggest if you have a friend with a system that is capable to plug in long enough to ensure is working before return period expires. One issue with 'buy as you go' system build rather than the 'save your money up' method.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
To start with, that PSU isn't even minimum spec for the system. On top of that it's 15 years old. IIRC Nvidia and AMD quit offering drivers for 32 bit systems a while back and recently, respectively.
Chances are that even if you got it to show video it would be on some manner of legacy driver. I would not expect it being worthwhile. Be patient.

I would suggest if you have a friend with a system that is capable to plug in long enough to ensure is working before return period expires. One issue with 'buy as you go' system build rather than the 'save your money up' method.

Solution