[SOLVED] Sapphire Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB vs GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 580 4GB

Aug 24, 2018
Howdy! Which GPU has better at performance and has a good air cooling system and stability?! I thought of buying an AMD Radeon GPU because I recently bought a 2K monitor and it has FreeSync. The monitor is MSI Gaming Optix MAG27CQ Curbat 27 inch 2K. Cheers!

Solution
If you are talking about this specific card... http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-LE.html

... then currently (until the RX 590 launches) it is the fastest Polaris GPU you can get, with a boost clock of 1450MHz out of the box. They use binned chips for this model. You can probably manually overclock it yourself and get a bit more.

As you have a FreeSync 1440p display, it'll work very well with any RX 580 8GB.

I have bought loads of Sapphire cards over the years, various tiers as well. In my humble opinion they are the best Radeon AIB supplier, with the best coolers and the best custom PCBs. Your PSU is fine for that card.
Aug 24, 2018
That's exactly what I wanted to know in truth if that NITRO+ RX 580 it's worth it. I have to admit that I am kind of that gamer who wants to play games on PC at a higher resolution with high details. About that GPU from Sapphire, how it does behave?! It is a good brand/subvendor? And as far as I noticed it has one 6-pin and one 8-pin connectors power. Also the price of that GPU in my country costs around 1.300 Lei which is pretty affordable.

8 pin PCIe power connectors from your power supply are actually 6+2 connectors. If you have a decent 550W+ or so power supply, it will have 2 or more 6+2 pcie power connectors. So, in the 8 pin you connect both the 6 and 2 pin, with the 6 pin you only connect the 6 and the 2 dangles to the side a bit. What kind of power supply do you have just to make sure it will support your video card?

If you are talking about this specific card... http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-LE.html

... then currently (until the RX 590 launches) it is the fastest Polaris GPU you can get, with a boost clock of 1450MHz out of the box. They use binned chips for this model. You can probably manually overclock it yourself and get a bit more.

As you have a FreeSync 1440p display, it'll work very well with any RX 580 8GB.

I have bought loads of Sapphire cards over the years, various tiers as well. In my humble opinion they are the best Radeon AIB supplier, with the best coolers and the best custom PCBs. Your PSU is fine for that card.

Solution
Aug 24, 2018
UPDATE : After all, I've ordered that Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB Special Edition. I was looking for Limited Edition in our PC Parts online stores in Romania but unfortunately didn't find it. But honestly I'm glad that I've got that Special Edition at a good price. Especially it has that custom ice blue-ish front cover or what it's called. It matches perfectly with my custom PC theme.

TRENDING THREADS