Question Sapphire Radeon RX 6600 issue in games

Jun 11, 2022
Hello I'm writing here about an issue with new radeon rx 6600
CPU: Intel i5-8400
GPU: Saphire Radeon RX 6600 8gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P D3
RAM: HyperX 2x8gb 2666MHz
PSU: NOD 550W not sure about efficiency
I recently replaced my old GTX 1050 with a new RX 6600 and the problem that I face is that all the more demanding games that I have tried (e.g. Assassins Creed Valhalla, GR Breakpoint) at some point just shut down without some error. I'm not facing any other general issues with the PC, system crashes or bsod, just the games randomly shutting down. I thought that perhaps using ultra or even very high graphics settings might be the problem, although in theory that shouldn't be the case, but it keeps happening even on medium settings. I removed completeley the old nvidia drivers using DDU before switching the gpu, removed and reinstalled the AMD drivers again, even did a BIOS update with no result. As far as I can tell there isn't any temperature problems as it usually is around the 60s - max 70. I cannot understand if that is a drivers issue, or the PSU can't give enough power, or for some reason my CPU bottlenecking is the cause or even if the new GPU is faulty. If anyone might know the cause of this and possibly how to fix it please let me know . If there is any other piece of information that I can give please ask.