News Sapphire Radeon RX 7600 Photos and Rumored Price Leak

This is basically a replacement for the long in the tooth RX580/590. It will play at 1080 with high settings.

I would say $300 is the absolute maximum acceptable price. But 8gb today is like 4gb about 3 years ago. It's dead in the water in a few years with massive stuttering as textures and shaders are swapped.

I would consider 16GB at $325 acceptable...maybe $335. $35 for 8 more gigs isn't unreasonable. I know it will cost them around $20 in BOM for the upgrade.

AMD also needs to fix long standing issues since November 2022 with certain opengl games with texture timeout corruption and crashing. They are ignoring this problem. I know for a fact there's several reddit threads about it. It affects Polaris vega and rdna 1 and 2.

Pass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

Well it most likely is almost 100€ cheaper than 4060 so it is bargain ;)
Have you seen the prices of new GPUs lately?
This is in line...
It's inline with the cash crab for computer parts since lock down at least.

Reactions: artk2219

Deer87

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2015
350€ for entry level GPU for 1080p? Hahahaaa...

$300 is rather unsavory, we can get 6700xt approximately $325, or even lower at second hand market.

My acceptable range is below $250 for non XT version

PASS
Don't translate too direct. European prices tend to be a bit higher even if we account for lack of VAT on US prices. I threw 350 euro into a currency converter and got roughly 2600 Danish Kroner. Thats around what the 6650 xt goes for these days. And these prices compare better due to both being in the EU and including VAT.
For comparison, I paid around 1900 DKK for a gtx 960 (strix 4gb) back in 2015. If we take inflation and generally world being suky into account, the estimated 350 Euro/2600 DKK seems quite reasonabel.
You can get a 6700xt for around 3000 DKK for a Fighter over here.

MiniITXEconomy

Prominent
Dec 9, 2022
I dunno, sounds like they listened to Moore'sLawIsDead on the pricing almost to a tee (I know he wanted $250, but he was satisfied with $300), and people still have a problem with it.

I dunno, sounds like they listened to Moore'sLawIsDead on the pricing almost to a tee (I know he wanted $250, but he was satisfied with $300), and people still have a problem with it.

Moore is a good analyst. But Moore is arrogant and thin skinned. And his arrogance shows like a bon fire when people call him into question. This is a trait of people who are insecure.

Let's get something straight, and this goes for Gamers Nexus as well. They are not the mighty powerhouses they think themselves to be. What they are is good influencers. One man's opinion doesn't mean squat. It's when they work the audience up into a frenzy, that manufacturers listen. Thus it's not his opinion that matters but what the people who listen to him think. There are plenty of YouTubers who all say the same thing. Yet they don't go beating their chest.

I will give Steve at Gamers Nexus the highest rating for investigative integrity on hardware. He has practical skills. But his soft people skills are severely lacking. His ability to deal with large corporations needs work. You can see him stumble in conversations with them. It's awkward to watch at times because it's obvious he's in over his head.

It's a dance in the business world. If you come in with the tone "were here to eviscerate you" while you are negotiations are ongoing, and then stubble over your words over the phone, then you need to take a different approach. I'm not saying sugar coat it. There are just better ways to deal with big corporations. Reporters who constantly eviscerate people end up burning their leads for new stories. I mean it's great to get ratings to see a mfg to get roasted. But in a long term it only damages you. You can still have integrity and not burn bridges

Moore also says "if you want to hire me for consulting..." He's about 30 right? What practical industry experience does he have designing or marketing or doing professional cost analysis on large scale projects?

Last edited:

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Not sure if I'm allowed to link other sites news pages, but heard that they're slashing the price to $269 MSRP. Sounds much more palatable if that's the case.

EDIT : The review is out, dear god

Last edited:

MiniITXEconomy

Prominent
Dec 9, 2022
Moore is a good analyst. But Moore is arrogant and thin skinned. And his arrogance shows like a bon fire when people call him into question. This is a trait of people who are insecure.

Let's get something straight, and this goes for Gamers Nexus as well. They are not the mighty powerhouses they think themselves to be. What they are is good influencers. One man's opinion doesn't mean squat. It's when they work the audience up into a frenzy, that manufacturers listen. Thus it's not his opinion that matters but what the people who listen to him think. There are plenty of YouTubers who all say the same thing. Yet they don't go beating their chest.

I will give Steve at Gamers Nexus the highest rating for investigative integrity on hardware. He has practical skills. But his soft people skills are severely lacking. His ability to deal with large corporations needs work. You can see him stumble in conversations with them. It's awkward to watch at times because it's obvious he's in over his head.

It's a dance in the business world. If you come in with the tone "were here to eviscerate you" while you are negotiations are ongoing, and then stubble over your words over the phone, then you need to take a different approach. I'm not saying sugar coat it. There are just better ways to deal with big corporations. Reporters who constantly eviscerate people end up burning their leads for new stories. I mean it's great to get ratings to see a mfg to get roasted. But in a long term it only damages you. You can still have integrity and not burn bridges

Moore also says "if you want to hire me for consulting..." He's about 30 right? What practical industry experience does he have designing or marketing or doing professional cost analysis on large scale projects?

Your argument is strewn about all over the place, to the point where you're constantly stumbling over it's myriad of contradictions. In one instance you're telling me Steve Burke and Moore'sLaw aren't powerhouses, and in another say how their opinions can change industry. But if that's the case, then they've earned that moniker, wouldn't you say? And why do their audience listen? It's not because they're hypnotized by the flowing locks that sit upon Steve's head, no, it's because of their spot-on analysis or in the case of GN: their dogged and determined review process for every piece of hardware that goes into making a PC - for their, "investigative integrity," as you put it.

That wasn't a fluke, Gamer's Nexus didn't chance upon it by happenstance, it's the result of years of hard work and integrity. THAT'S why people pay attention, because their work is staunchly for the people, either in guiding what they buy and/or being their advocate for when shady business practices run against their best interest. Sure, they're "influencers" in so much as people listen to them, but people listen to them because they've earned that respect.

At the very least GN did, I'm not too sure about Moore's, I don't watch him all that much.