Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro

Has anyone heard anything about their version yet? I'm really liking the
idea of getting my next sound card with the Zalman cooler instead of a fan.
I was curious if the Radeon X800 Pro will require a Zalman with a fan or if
it can go without one.

Thanks

"comcast" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<0l2fc.137498$JO3.84131@attbi_s04>...
> Has anyone heard anything about their version yet? I'm really liking the
> idea of getting my next sound card with the Zalman cooler instead of a fan.
> I was curious if the Radeon X800 Pro will require a Zalman with a fan or if
> it can go without one.
>
> Thanks

Soundscard generally don't cary active cooling ( nor passive cooling
).

But I'm sure sapphire will come out with an X800... probably with
Zalman fan and.. if the card runs truly hot a nice 5v fan!

"comcast" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<0l2fc.137498$JO3.84131@attbi_s04>...
> Has anyone heard anything about their version yet? I'm really liking the
> idea of getting my next sound card with the Zalman cooler instead of a fan.
> I was curious if the Radeon X800 Pro will require a Zalman with a fan or if
> it can go without one.
>
> Thanks

If the 9800 Pro is adviced to be fitted out with a fan, and the X800
is faster and has more pipelines... what do you think sherlock?

Whoops - I meant video card! I was thinking about the sound level that
comes from the noise of the fan.
I understand the heat issue but would hate to make my system any louder; I
went to great lengths to keep it reasonably quiet.

"Dark Avenger" <superxml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "comcast" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone heard anything about their version yet? I'm really liking the
> > idea of getting my next sound card with the Zalman cooler instead of a
fan.
> > I was curious if the Radeon X800 Pro will require a Zalman with a fan or
if
> > it can go without one.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Soundscard generally don't cary active cooling ( nor passive cooling
> ).
>
> But I'm sure sapphire will come out with an X800... probably with
> Zalman fan and.. if the card runs truly hot a nice 5v fan!

The 9800 pro has a spec for a cooling fan but the zalman cooling unit
without a fan does the job fine. What do you think Deputy Fife?

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:07:16 GMT, "comcast" <boe_d@hotmail(me).com>
wrote:

>Whoops - I meant video card! I was thinking about the sound level that
>comes from the noise of the fan.
>I understand the heat issue but would hate to make my system any louder; I
>went to great lengths to keep it reasonably quiet.

Wear surround-sound earphones.

John Lewis

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:39:30 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:07:16 GMT, "comcast" <boe_d@hotmail(me).com>
>wrote:
>
>>Whoops - I meant video card! I was thinking about the sound level that
>>comes from the noise of the fan.
>>I understand the heat issue but would hate to make my system any louder; I
>>went to great lengths to keep it reasonably quiet.

Actually, according to the reviews, the 6800 is quieter than the
FX5950. The slim-finned multiblade monolithic aluminum heatsink and
giant slow-speed fan must be doing some good. BTW, the card is no
heavier than the FX5950 card. Seems as if nVidia put some first-class
thermal engineering into the reference card design. Some of their
third party manufacturers may not do so well -- if they are let by
nVidia. MSI and Leadtek spring immediately to mind.

John Lewis