News Sapphire Releases Cheaper, Slower RX 7900 XT Without Vapor Chamber

It still has the 3 8-pin power adapters, so it can still be OC'ed... I wonder how high it can go with the """""lesser""""" cooler.

This is also to say/ask/comment, I wonder how much the Vapour chamber matters for these. If Sapphire decided to just not use it on these, I'm almost sure it won't really matter and still run cooler than reference design... Or I'd expect it to.

Regards.

Reactions: gg83

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
It still has the 3 8-pin power adapters, so it can still be OC'ed... I wonder how high it can go with the """""lesser""""" cooler.

This is also to say/ask/comment, I wonder how much the Vapour chamber matters for these. If Sapphire decided to just not use it on these, I'm almost sure it won't really matter and still run cooler than reference design... Or I'd expect it to.

Regards.
Hell yeah! I think you are right. Shoot at the price, one could add a waterblock or something.

May 22, 2023
I'm confused by this article... you're comparing an XT card to the top of the range nitro+ XTX and stating that the cost difference of ~70 USD is the cost of the vapour chamber and rgb... what about the cost of the extra VRAM and cores???

Everyone said the XT was poor value compared to the XTX when it was only 100 less, now Sapphire release one with a cheaper cooler for only 70 less and that's a good thing??? I don't understand.