[SOLVED] Sapphire rx 480 nitro + 8 gb

egzon12

Commendable
Aug 15, 2019
i5 2500k
8 gb ddr3
Sapphire rx 480 nitro + 8 GB

So when i switch the bios to quiet mode msi shows 0 mhz on everything and in device manager shows an error of the gpu. I reinstaled driver but doesnt work.The perfromance bios works. I just wanted to know is the bios not working, should i flash it.What should I do?

Solution
Likely the quiet Vbios is corrupt. Ironically, I currently own the exact same card. When I bought it off of ebay it came with a faulty Vbios, so I have some experience fixing this successfully myself. (Now one side of the switch is an RX580 pulse Vbios and the other side is an RX580 Nitro+ OC Vbios)

If I was you, I would just leave it in the performance vbios and forget about it.

However, If you want to fix it, here's how.
  • Boot your PC with the switch in the working performance position
  • Download AMDVBFlashWin https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/
  • Find a quiet bios online (or another performance vbios if you just want this side to boot but be identical to the other one)...
Likely the quiet Vbios is corrupt. Ironically, I currently own the exact same card. When I bought it off of ebay it came with a faulty Vbios, so I have some experience fixing this successfully myself. (Now one side of the switch is an RX580 pulse Vbios and the other side is an RX580 Nitro+ OC Vbios)

If I was you, I would just leave it in the performance vbios and forget about it.

After flashing the card, If it boots fine, you have fixed the card.
If the screen is black or you see abnormal behavior (errors or artifacts), turn the PC off, flip the Vbios switch to the performance setting and reboot to flash another Vbios.

Solution

egzon12

Commendable
Aug 15, 2019

After flashing the card, If it boots fine, you have fixed the card.
If the screen is black or you see abnormal behavior (errors or artifacts), turn the PC off, flip the Vbios switch to the performance setting and reboot to flash another Vbios.

Thank you sir the flashing fixed it.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX