Question Sapphire Rx 570 pulse itx fan noise

Feb 2, 2021
So pretty much im sat at my desk, about to play rocket league and all of a sudden the card starts making a weird sort of noise, as if its grinding against something, at first i thought it was my case wires getting into the fan but that wasn’t it. i took the card out, cleaned the dust out and put it back in, obviously the noise continued. i took it out and was spinning it and the noise keeps happening. im so confused what it could be. i haven’t got warranty as i bought it about 2 years ago on ebay and i’ve never had this problem before. it usually sounds loud but never this and i’ve also heard screeching or scratching noises that are really high pitch.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the noise on the card is coming from the fans(and not the power delivery area of the card) then it's probable that the fans need replacing due to the bearings being worn out. If the card's noise is coming from the power delivery area(aka coil whine) then you might need to see if reducing power targets for your card helps bring down the noise.

On second thoughts, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Feb 2, 2021
yes, when i run my finger around the outer edge of the fan hub, the noise is not heard but if i flick the fan down the noise can be heard as if its grinding.