[SOLVED] Sapphire RX 580 8gb nitro+ crash in some games and benckmarks...

xenoskill97

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
I purchased this card on the Amazon warehouse deals, installed, attached the 8pin and 6pin cables and it starts properly.
Trying to make a benchmark on Heaven have the same problem, the computer crashes and restarts, trying instead with FurMark the latter works properly, the problem is only present on some games like Rocket League, while Odyssey works great...

MOBO: Msi m3 h170
GPU: RX 580 8GB Sapphire Nitro +
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB
PSU: Thermaltake smart se 530w
CPU: Intel I5 6500
Penultimate video card's driver.

I tried to format the SSD and using DDU
The only solution I think I've found ìs to downclock the Gpu setting -5% power, modify fan speed and set limit power at 50% on AMD RADEON SETTING WattMan.
Any tips? Software or hardware problem? Thankssss!

Please don't use furmark.

Which graphics card did you have before?

A hard reset like that would point to a bad power supply. Your unit is a "decent" cheap unit. It could be that you're just experiencing issues with a failing PSU, this would especially show once you put a higher load GPU.

You don't get any errors? You could try run memtest to make sure that your ram is doing good. Run it several times in a row or do a long term test on it

xenoskill97

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019

I had a 750 ti :lol:
I haven't got any type of error.
I will do the memtest soon...
For the PSU I heard about it well...

Alright... Well I think that it's pretty clear that the power supply is not pulling you through. A gtx750ti can run on a 300w PSU, it really doesn't put any load.

You should look if you have any warranty for your unit, other than that, you've got to go shopping.

You can use pcpartpicker website to find best deal on a new power supply. Aim for a 550w~650w and use PSU tier list to get the best one for the price you're willing to pay.

If you need I can give you a suggestion if you have a price on mind, but generally EVGA G2 series are about as good as you can get (there are other options).

Last thing to check is if your system power settings are set to high performance. There is possibly a power settings in bios as well depending on the version of motherboard that you have, so just have a look. Maybe you're running on low settings and that could cause it too (likely power supply still)

xenoskill97

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019

Strange, the video card crashes only on some games, with 100% usage too... :/

You said your PC shuts down. That's not a GPU crash.

A GPU crash would be something like this ; driver crash with problem report, screen losses signal, card stops working PC on.

You can download Hardware monitor and check your Voltages on your PSU.
Follow this link, scroll down to solved answer and check the guide on how to check your PSU in Windows.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/290251-28-testing-stability

xenoskill97

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019

Could the video card be faulty? I bought it on Amazon warehouse...

xenoskill97

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019

Testing with CPUID HWMonitor, my rx 580 with -7% power, so having 1310 boost clock it consumes approximately 122... As much as my PSU can be bad I think it's not his fault...