Question Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb VS MSI GTX 1050 TI ?

Feb 14, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello, a few months back my GTX 780 Died and it's time for me to get a new GPU - my only 2 Options are: MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb and Sapphire RX 580 4GB Nitro. i need some help deciding. which one i should take and Why? i just need something safe with no driver issues or temperature increase...something to play my games (mainly games from 2016 and below). i want to buy the RX 580 but some say it restarts the pc and AMD has driver issues... i don't know... i just need something with no problems. i would very much appreciate your answers. thank you.

Between the two the RX 580 is a more powerful graphics card.

A trouble free experience is something I don't believe anyone can guarantee. Just look at the forum here across different components and you'll realise that no matter what performance level the component is considered at there will be someone who has an issue. It is just part of the overall experience. A bit of knowledge may minimise potential problems but it won't protect you from receiving a faulty product.

All processors get warmer, which is why they require a cooling solution. Generally speaking, Nvidia graphics cards in the same performance bracket as AMD's run cooler and more power efficiently.

Same goes for the issue with drivers. Both companies have issued problematic drivers in their past which have caused trouble for their customers and requiring a hot fix. Some suggest updating the driver if there is an actual problem with the one you're using rather than updating just because there's a new one.

Feb 14, 2019
www.youtube.com
Between the two the RX 580 is a more powerful graphics card.

A trouble free experience is something I don't believe anyone can guarantee. Just look at the forum here across different components and you'll realise that no matter what performance level the component is considered at there will be someone who has an issue. It is just part of the overall experience. A bit of knowledge may minimise potential problems but it won't protect you from receiving a faulty product.

All processors get warmer, which is why they require a cooling solution. Generally speaking, Nvidia graphics cards in the same performance bracket as AMD's run cooler and more power efficiently.

Same goes for the issue with drivers. Both companies have issued problematic drivers in their past which have caused trouble for their customers and requiring a hot fix. Some suggest updating the driver if there is an actual problem with the one you're using rather than updating just because there's a new one.
i get it, i do. just generally speaking. do you think i should go with the value here?? amd driver issues and temp increase are just rumors?

Negative news of anything tends to be more amplified on the internet in general. In the case of products it's being voiced by disgruntled owners which tend to distort the wider statistics.

In terms of performance the RX 580 is in a higher performance bracket to the GTX 1050 ti; the real comparison is really with the GTX 1060 3/6GB. But it does depend on what you want out of the purchase. Performance-wise there is no contest, RX 580. If concerned about electricity usage then the GTX 1050 ti.

In terms of value, given the RX 580 is now priced lower it actually offers a better price to performance ratio.

As with any graphics card see if you can find one which does have a better cooling solution. 1) It will keep the card performing well, and 2) it will mitigate temperature concerns.

Reactions: Vergil.Y
Feb 14, 2019
www.youtube.com
Negative news of anything tends to be more amplified on the internet in general. In the case of products it's being voiced by disgruntled owners which tend to distort the wider statistics.

In terms of performance the RX 580 is in a higher performance bracket to the GTX 1050 ti; the real comparison is really with the GTX 1060 3/6GB. But it does depend on what you want out of the purchase. Performance-wise there is no contest, RX 580. If concerned about electricity usage then the GTX 1050 ti.

In terms of value, given the RX 580 is now priced lower it actually offers a better price to performance ratio.

As with any graphics card see if you can find one which does have a better cooling solution. 1) It will keep the card performing well, and 2) it will mitigate temperature concerns.
Thank you very much. that's very helpful. one last question please. the electricity bill is not my concern. all i'm concerned about is the driver support for windows 10 64-bit. i fear PC crashes, restarts by itself, black screen...that's all i need to know about AMD and specifically The Sapphire RX 580 4gb Nitro+

That really then comes down to 'luck'. The best we can do is make sure our systems are physically well kept (regular cleaning out of dust to prevent potential heat issues, and is well vented), and it can support the intended usage (PSU specifically).

With quality of the graphics cards themselves ASUS' ROG Strix line are well thought. I believe MSI's Gaming range replaces the old Twin Frozr range (I had a couple of older MSI cards which worked well), but they do come with a price premium. Sapphire are seen as one of the best AMD specific partners, but one mod says they've never had any luck with their products (some people just seem cursed; my own experience means I stay clear of Sony products).

Feb 14, 2019
www.youtube.com
Thank you, Guys. i think i'll just go ahead and get The RX 580. i never overclock nor play for a long time and mainly play games that are not demanding. so i think i should be fine. wish me luck. cheers.