Status
Not open for further replies.

DjAjX

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I'm new here and I need help with an issue with my vega 56.

About 2 months ago, I bought my vega 56, although the rest of my new pc. When I do undervolt/overclock it does a black screen and in 10 secs. it works again, but the game/app I was using closes.

Also the display sound (also with headphones connected to it) disappear. It doesn't even matter what kind of undervolt or overclock I do, I can reduce 1mv and it still crashing, also with the automatic undervolt. I have the latest radeon drivers, the v19.4.3.

I reallly I don't know what to do... Will be really helpful if anyone can help me with this....

Thanks, regards!

PS: My PSU is an EVGA GQ 650w 80 plus gold...

DjAjX

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, sorry for the time, I'm still getting that issues, but i tested my settings on furmark around 1h and it doesn't crash... It crashes when I'm playing, 10/20/30min and pum, bye, and restart windows... When it crashes says the popular "wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

This are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 at 4ghz 1.25mv
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16gb 8x2 3000mhz
SSD/HDD: A 250gb toshiba's one (ssd) and 1tb seagate (hdd)
GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX VEGA 56
PSU: EVGA 650W GQ 80+ gold
Chassis: Enermax Saberay

May 3, 2019
Hey,
I'm having similar issues and I also have a similar system:
Cpu: ryzen 2600x
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: G.Skill Aegis 3000MHz CL16 Gaming series 8Gb x2
SSD/HDD: A 250gb kingston (ssd) and 1tb Western digital blue 7200rpm(hdd)
GPU: MSI RADEON RX VEGA 56 AIRBOOST 8G OC
PSU: chieftec smart 600w (gps-600A8)

There are some differences, my system is not overclocked and I have an MSI vega56 but I keep getting the same issue the card just falls apart under load. Gaming, rendering anything that stresses the gpu. After about 1 hour of load the screen turns black and the fans rev up to max. Then I have to restart the pc manually to fix it.

I tried undervolting and reinstalling the drivers to no avail. I've actually written to the company I got the card from cause I suspect it is faulty.

Update:
I'm upgrading my psu tomorrow to a 750w seasonic unit. I'll let you know if it had fixed my issues. MSI recommends a 650w psu for this card. for the pulse radeon you have Sapphire's website recommends a 750w psu so that may be the problem.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019
I know it's been a few months, but have you been able to get a stable Vega 56 setup going?

I had a similar issue where a recently purchased Sapphire Pulse model was blacking out then prompting a message saying that something went wrong and the Radeon settings have been reset to default. I thought it was an unstable power issue too and got a Seasonic Focus+ 650W modular but I still had problems.

I bought it through Amazon so it's a easy return, but I wasn't sure if I should try another Vega 56 or if I should switch to team green and get a 2060 considering the fact that I hear it is harder to find a Vega 56 with Samsung memory nowadays.

Thanks in advance.

May 3, 2019
Hey,

I actually had it sorted out about 2 weeks ago. I had an MSI Vega56 which was giving me trouble, I ended up buying a sapphire pulse 56 which is working fine without any problems from day 1.
I originally bought it to test if it is something with my system setup, but apparently the MSI card was somehow defective.
I sent back the MSI card to get an RMA (as MSI tech support suggested), the shop tested it for days on without supposedly any problems. They ended up refunding me due to some "coil whine" which they could qualify as a factory defect. However they couldn't reproduce the issue which I was facing daily.
Baffling thing is my sapphire card is working perfectly ever since. So I honestly cannot figure out what was wrong with the MSI card.

I'd say if you can get an RMA and you like this card try to give another one a shot. Or if you are tired of messing with it then there's always the green team or the new 5700 series cards.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

Reactions: edwardmsk
Jul 25, 2019
dealing with the exact same thing right now. MSI vega 56 air boost OC causing black screens, blue screens and freezes. tried to RMA it, but it came back, since "they could reproduce the issue" and think that the card is fine. did anybody find out how tomake it crash? :D

Super annoyed by mindfactory though. heard their customer support would be excellent, but this is just disapointing. i hope i dont end up with a broken card.

Jun 28, 2019
dealing with the exact same thing right now. MSI vega 56 air boost OC causing black screens, blue screens and freezes. tried to RMA it, but it came back, since "they could reproduce the issue" and think that the card is fine. did anybody find out how tomake it crash? :D

Super annoyed by mindfactory though. heard their customer support would be excellent, but this is just disapointing. i hope i dont end up with a broken card.

For me, I didn't need to do anything but turn my computer on to make it "crash." It was a question of how can I not make it "crash." I did a bunch of troubleshooting on my end (i.e. Using DDU to do a clean install of the drivers multiple times with different versions of drivers, etc.). I even purchased a new higher quality power supply to eliminate that as a cause. Beyond that, I did everything possible short of formatting and re-installing Windows. Fortunately, since I purchased my Sapphire brand from Amazon and had Prime so returning it was easy.

So I'm not sure how Mindfactory's support is, but if they are trustworthy at least to a certain extent, you might want to see if there might be something with your configuration that isn't compatible with the drive. Do you have a friend who has a different setup that might be willing to let you install the card into their computer and test? Have you tried fresh installs of different versions of the drivers after using DDU to do a clean wipe of prior drivers?

My solution was to ditch the Vega 56 and go with a 1660 TI at a slightly cheaper cost so take my response with a grain of salt. However, if the vendor/manufacturer is unwilling to do a RMA, I'd say it doesn't hurt to go the extra mile to test all the different scenarios. I really wish you the best of luck because I know how frustrating it was for me. Shoot, I was even afraid to purchase the 1660 TI because I thought that would start failing on me too.

EDIT: Maybe ask Mindfactory what type of machine they tested this on (i.e. PSU wattage, CPU, memory, motherboard, etc.). Have you tried a different PCI-E slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.