Question SAPPHIRE RX VEGA 56 BLACK SCREEN

Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I'm new here and I need help with an issue with my vega 56.

About 2 months ago, I bought my vega 56, although the rest of my new pc. When I do undervolt/overclock it does a black screen and in 10 secs. it works again, but the game/app I was using closes.

Also the display sound (also with headphones connected to it) disappear. It doesn't even matter what kind of undervolt or overclock I do, I can reduce 1mv and it still crashing, also with the automatic undervolt. I have the latest radeon drivers, the v19.4.3.

I reallly I don't know what to do... Will be really helpful if anyone can help me with this....

Thanks, regards!

PS: My PSU is an EVGA GQ 650w 80 plus gold...

Apr 24, 2019
Hello, sorry for the time, I'm still getting that issues, but i tested my settings on furmark around 1h and it doesn't crash... It crashes when I'm playing, 10/20/30min and pum, bye, and restart windows... When it crashes says the popular "wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

This are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 at 4ghz 1.25mv
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16gb 8x2 3000mhz
SSD/HDD: A 250gb toshiba's one (ssd) and 1tb seagate (hdd)
GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX VEGA 56
PSU: EVGA 650W GQ 80+ gold
Chassis: Enermax Saberay

May 3, 2019
Hey,
I'm having similar issues and I also have a similar system:
Cpu: ryzen 2600x
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: G.Skill Aegis 3000MHz CL16 Gaming series 8Gb x2
SSD/HDD: A 250gb kingston (ssd) and 1tb Western digital blue 7200rpm(hdd)
GPU: MSI RADEON RX VEGA 56 AIRBOOST 8G OC
PSU: chieftec smart 600w (gps-600A8)

There are some differences, my system is not overclocked and I have an MSI vega56 but I keep getting the same issue the card just falls apart under load. Gaming, rendering anything that stresses the gpu. After about 1 hour of load the screen turns black and the fans rev up to max. Then I have to restart the pc manually to fix it.

I tried undervolting and reinstalling the drivers to no avail. I've actually written to the company I got the card from cause I suspect it is faulty.

Update:
I'm upgrading my psu tomorrow to a 750w seasonic unit. I'll let you know if it had fixed my issues. MSI recommends a 650w psu for this card. for the pulse radeon you have Sapphire's website recommends a 750w psu so that may be the problem.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS