[SOLVED] Sapphire Rx590 Nitro+ power problems?

Sep 20, 2019
After having troubles with my pc for a while i decided to buy myself a new GPU, i went for the rx590 nitro+ and at the beginning everything looked fine. While testing a few games i noticed some rare stutters and lags.
I spent a lot of time checking if i got all the drivers right but couldnt find the problem.
To be sure that the card isnt working properly i ran a few benchmarks while logging temps and power usage.
The result is, even though the lags went away and the card seems to be working fine, during all of the benchmarks i did my gpu always maxed out at 175 watts but according to the gpus manufacturer its rated for 225 watts.

My question is, if thats normal because i havent overclocked it or anything or if my GPU doesnt get all the power it needs. As far as i know (reading forum posts etc.) My PSU should be more than enough for the system.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Ram: 2x8GB 2133hz G.skill DDR4
Motherboard: asus prime a320m-k
GPU: Sapphire Radeon rx 590 8gb nitro+
PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 550(80+)

Solution
If you want the quick fix: Go into AMD Settings - Global WattMan, and slide the "Power Limit" slider to the max, then hit "Apply"

heavymetal2000

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
Dual bios on that guy.
Make sure it’s not in silent mode, reduced clocks/power draw to keep heat down and noise levels.

wont matter as the nitro+ is the best cooling rx5xx card available. The bios switch is near the i/o end of the card on its edge.

SoldierWNoName

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
What's the max temperature that your card is reaching during your tests?
Are you using a custom fan curve?
Comparing to my RX 580 the power draw seems normal for stock speeds.