Sapphire Tri-X 290 middle fan not running

u2subdued

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I've been monitoring temperatures on the card. The hottest it has hit is 83c playing DA:Inquisition and FC 4 on Ultra 1440p. While my rig isn't getting too noisy, I am concerned that the middle fan doesn't work. I have about two weeks left to get a replacement if this is the case. Is there any way I can test this?

u2subdued

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
We both researched it a bit more. It should be running, actually. He recommended before I RMA that I check for loose connections in case the middle fan has a loose connector. It spins freely by hand with no friction so checking the connectors is my next step before I ship it off.

u2subdued

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I pulled the card and checked the wiring. Following the three fan wires(and black ground) to the GPU I made sure it was clipped in nice and snug (it was) then rebooted the pc. The middle fan is still not working. Ordered the card on the 28th of November from Newegg. The only other thing I can think of would be the new Omega Catalyst drivers. Even then, the fan would probably at least spin on start up before staying static.