News Sapphire Trims Down Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT Graphics Card for Budget Seekers

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
Seriously. $10 difference is lame. Hopefully it goes on sale. Could this be a good option for a sff build? It looks a bit shorter to me.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I could see myself going for it if the $10 savings meant it was just the same card in every way, except with a plain black shroud. I could even go without the dual vBIOS.

But if the heatsink/cooler itself is different? I don't know. Also, why bother dropping the Quick Connect fans? Do they really add much more to the price? I actually wonder if it's more economical to use the Quick Connect fans on ALL of their products, rather than having some with them, and some with the traditional fan design.

Co BIY

Splendid
I actually wonder if it's more economical to use the Quick Connect fans on ALL of their products, rather than having some with them, and some with the traditional fan design.

This looks more like a way to deal with a supply problem in the cooler or fans. If the supplier can't provide as many quick connect compatible fans or custom coolers as you need you have to do something to push out boards.