Sapphire Unveils Edge-HD3 Mini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges... but the price tag on this just makes me want a raspberry pi even more.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]Cost is a little high IMO, but the form factor makes it very tempting though.[/citation]

We don't know the price, they were only guessing. Let's wait and see.

rgjhawkins

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
[citation][nom]lumberjack86[/nom]I would buy this before i would buy Alienwares garbage x51 PC.[/citation]

Just out of intrest, why would you say that? I'm guessing the Edge HD-3 will be around $600 and the x51 is just a little more expensive, but the x51 is MUCH more powerful. The price/performance ratio will be much better for the x51.

Besides I'm sure they are aimed at completely different markets.

I'm just saying ;)

zander1983

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]elcentral[/nom]most phones got a hdmi and soon quad core id say go for the phone.[/citation]

You smoking something? Why would you want to plug your phone in all the time to watch movies on your TV? What will the rest of your family do when you are not home...

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
this is a great little thing if it was like 1/3 of the price. for $550 you can get a notebook that has a screen a keyboard and much more performance and that is also portable.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
When i first saw the picture, i thought it looked like a Klipsch computer speaker (http://4x4icon.com/crossfire/rear_speakers/klipsch_qIII_01.gif) Thought it was pretty slick idea to intergrate a computer into a large speaker, giving new meaning to system speaker/sound!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Nice, but $550 is clearly too expensive for a device that can basically not be upgraded or expanded in the future to to the size and highly customized components.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
They should have changed the form factor and integrated Kinect and webcam right into it. Heck, add an adjustable mounting bracket that allows you to mount the thing on existing VESA holes on the back of the TV, so that it either hangs below or perches above the edge of a flatscreen. This form factor is just waiting for Junior to try it as a frisbee.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]rgjhawkins[/nom]Just out of intrest, why would you say that? I'm guessing the Edge HD-3 will be around $600 and the x51 is just a little more expensive, but the x51 is MUCH more powerful. The price/performance ratio will be much better for the x51.Besides I'm sure they are aimed at completely different markets.I'm just saying[/citation]
Exactly, I don't understand why everyone feels the need to bash the X51. The X51 is built for the gamer who wants to go to LAN parties with some firepower, a small PC, and doesn't want to build his own PC. It's not marketed at people like us, so we can stop needlessly bashing it and go on our everyday lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS