Sapphire Unveils FS-FP5V Motherboard With AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 APU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be aimed at a specific market. Basically, running a multidisplay advertisement setting, or for meeting rooms.

It makes sense, why buying an overly expensive, bigger and bulkier Intel System with a weak iGPU for such uses.

Basically, medical equipment and slot machine to? More I think about it, it render that Radeon GPU offering for that segment kind of obsolete.

More I think about it, APU are the way to go for future electronic requiring OS or software.

Animemania,
It has DisplayPort outputs which I assume are just fine for their use case. If there's some need for HDMI then I assume there is a different motherboard than shown in the picture that serves that need.

EMERALDSMINES1990,
Don't compare prices that way. There is reliability, supply and demand etc to account for. It's probably a reasonable price considering there is competition.

SALGADO18,
AMD probably will target the lower-end APU market but I'm sure the plan is to target the higher profit margins first on mobile and the 4+ core CPU market on desktop.

REDGARL,
Do you mean a discrete Radeon graphics CARD is obsolete? Because this does have Radeon graphics in the APU.

APU's are only the "future" provided the included GPU is sufficient for the task at hand. There will continue to be medical devices which need more GPU processing power than a modern APU can supply such as AI algorithms which compile scans to look for illnesses though I'm out of my depth here.

Great VIDEO here if interested (4m32s "Eyes of Watson"):
https://www.itnonline.com/videos/examples-artificial-intelligence-medical-imaging-diagnostics

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

Why not ? Reliability ? I chose a good reliable motherboard.

and supply and demand ? well no one demands overpriced product when he can get better performing one for alot cheaper. and still small size.

the only difference here is Mini itx VS mini STX size . and personally I dont think the size difference is that big deal to pay $250- $300 more for it.

147.3mm by 139.7mm (STX) VS 170mmx170mm (ITX)

and dont forget that with itx Motherboards you will get also TONS of more extras , better onboard sound , better I/O ports , More M2 cards .

Example :

Their best performing board 54 watts Total.

FS-FP5V1807B V1807B 35-54W 52093-00-40G - $450

are you kidding me ?

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G is only $100 and ITX AM4 motherboards start from $100 as well . and this APU is rated 45W-65W

we are talking more than double the price here

$450 VS $200

Even if you Get the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

you will Still be in the $250-$280 range , it is $50-$80 more in the street price.

The only thing I expect you to say , is the lower Wattage. dont worry it can be downclocked it is open APU.

and I am sure AMD could release the other lower Watts APU for AM4 Sockets , and I expect them to come in near future.

and they wont be more expensive , Actually will be in the $100 price range as well.

The only Thing about this product is the STX size VS itx size and as I said the difference in size is not that huge to make you pay $250 more for it.

and lose Better sound , more I/O , more LAN , better WIFI , and even lose an expansion slot.

bananaforscale

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
EMERALDwhatever, the Sapphire board has two gigabit Ethernet connectors and a slot for wifi/bt. Your ITX solution would quite likely lose at least one of those, have more parts, not run on just 12V... This doesn't compete in the desktop market because the use case is different.

BTW, a single sentence isn't a paragraph and your thoughts seem half formed.

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp

Price : $109 https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-B350GIA&c=CJ

and this motherboard has better ALC 1220 sound and the AC WIFI included in price , and 1 Gb lan .

if you want to pay $250 more for the extra Gb LAN it is your choice ... but any USB3 Gb lan for $20 will make up for that extra LAN. and that Wifi Module alone is $35 also missing from your board. you will need to buy it. which makes it even more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS