SAPPHIRE x1900xt

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I've been looking for reviews on the Sapphire brand of the x1900xt.
I was only able to find one with moderate ratings.
Can anyone provide first hand experience or reviews of Sapphire's x1900xt?
It is significantly priced lower than Asus/Powercolor/ATI brands, approx 50 CAD bux.
Is Sapphire a good company to go with? Or am I better off getting the more expensive ones.
Their hardware/software bundle is generic, so nothing special to make you pick Sapphire over another company except for the pricing.

pauldh

Illustrious
There is nothing wrong with Sapphire besides just a 1 year warranty. They supposedly make the Built BY ATI (BBA) cards for ATI. In some old cards, like a 9600 pro, Sapphire makes underclocked cheaper versions, so you have to check the specs. But in new high end, I don't think they do that. HIS is always my first choice in ATI, but they usually run a higher price, so I rarely buy HIS. If it saved me $50 over the other brands, I'd do the Sapphire for sure.

There is nothing wrong with Sapphire besides just a 1 year warranty. They supposedly make the Built BY ATI (BBA) cards for ATI.

Sapphire no longer makes the BBA cards for the high end. The majority of X1800 & 1900 are made by Foxconn and Celestica.

IIRC Celestica now makes the BBA cards, they also make the Connect3D cards.

As for the rest they are divided between Foxconn (used to make just Tul, Colourpower/Powercolor and GeXcube cards [the X800XL showed clearly which ones they made with their power connectors]).