News Sapphire's Radeon RX 6600 Listed Weeks Ahead of Launch

dan1991Ro

Reputable
Oct 1, 2019
Idk what you guys are saying...
A 6600 non xt is considerably better than a rx480...
I have a rx 570, i have my eye on this card if its at msrp opening day.After the first day there will be no chance to get one at msrp if it will be on the first day that iswhich is doubtful.

InvalidError

Titan
Idk what you guys are saying...
A 6600 non xt is considerably better than a rx480...
If its street price is going to be over twice as much at launch if you can get it at all in the foreseeable future, it would need to be waaaaaaay faster to be remotely comparable value.

New GPUs are of no value to the value-oriented buyer when the price points are out of budget or the performance-per-dollar isn't improving anywhere near enough to offset the rising price point pain.

Reactions: SSGBryan

dan1991Ro

Reputable
Oct 1, 2019
If its street price is going to be over twice as much at launch if you can get it at all in the foreseeable future, it would need to be waaaaaaay faster to be remotely comparable value.

New GPUs are of no value to the value-oriented buyer when the price points are out of budget or the performance-per-dollar isn't improving anywhere near enough to offset the rising price point pain.

I agree, but im afraid my gpu will die, so if i can get this for 350 euro at launch, ill probably buy it.

SSGBryan

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
If it was an RX480, at least it would have full x16 PCIe.

With some luck, Xe's availability and pricing will at least put the brakes on AMD and Nvidia shaving corners while charging more for the privilege.

4.0 x8 = x16 on 3.0.

What makes you think Intel won't go for as much as they can? They aren't a charity.

InvalidError

Titan
What makes you think Intel won't go for as much as they can? They aren't a charity.
The last time Intel tried launching a dGPU, it was garbage. Intel's IGP drivers are ok-ish as far as gaming is concerned, nothing any enthusiast would be particularly eager to jump onto especially if the prices are anywhere near AMD/Nvidia GPUs, especially if Nvidia and AMD GPU supply gets better in the meantime.

Intel is in a worse situation for GPU market penetration than AMD was when it launched the RX470/480. If it wants to grab market share, it will need to provide exceptional performance per dollar to offset its nonexistent to somewhat negative reputation handicap in the gaming graphics department.

Intel's biggest potential customer base for DG2/Alchemist will be people desperate enough for a meaningful upgrade at a reasonable price to take a chance on early hardware and driver maturity.

SSGBryan

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
That was then. This is now.

Right now, the card series that I want is going for 3x MSRP.

I have $600 USD budgeted for a video card. The card I planned on buying is selling for 2.5 - 3x that. If Intel can deliver RX 6800 performance for $600, my Ryzen system will have an Intel GPU.