Question Sata 3.0/2.0 connecters USB converters

anupam1

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
In Intel motherboards there are sata 3.0 connectors.(3 or 4 depending on model)
Can these sata 3.0 connectors have usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 male/female converters?
Are there any usb converters for sata connectors in market?

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not sure where you got the info about SATA 4 connectors being available to the masses but yes there are USB to SATA adapters which are primarily used to hook up a laptop drive to your USB port and backup data, either which way. They are not meant to be connected to your motherboard's SATA DATA ports, if you can find one that is, since they don't exist(connectors from USB to SATA on the motherboard).

anupam1

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Sir,As you know all mobiles may have type C chargers..these chargers can charge mobile and if you like you can disconnect from adapter and use the usb wire for sending data to your pc.I know that sata3.0 or 4.0 connector ports used for transferring data from harddrive.As i find this charger/ adapter very useful then we can also use the customised Adapter/converter that can be used to relay data and power any portable 3.0 device at sametime from sata 3.0 and 4.0 connector ports.

Last edited:

anupam1

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
No,i meant i want to convert PC's internal sata port with a converter ( which should either be male/ female both) to usb 3.0 so that i can connect with mobile cable(which is used as chargers and transfering data) which may be a C type or other version. Or connect to usb 2.0/3.0 to usb 2.0/3.0 cable.

If this can be done, i can install usb 3.0 external hard drive from Pc Internal Sata port because i dont have 3.0 usb ports in my cpu.As you know the cables do use electricity to power up the drive and do data transfer at same time.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS