Question Sata 3 problem on Asrock FX990 Extreme 3

Oct 14, 2019
Hi. I have a problem on my pc . My SSD and HDD is working in SATA 2 not i SATA3 mode . So how can i fix that?

Here is SS that shows all for SSD and HDD info:

https://prnt.sc/pja827

My spec:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8300 17 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 931MHz (9-10-9-28)
Motherboard
ASRock 990FX Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 43 °C
Graphics
LG FULL HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (XFX Pine Group) 43 °C
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SUV400S37120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 29 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA ) 29 °C

kanewolf

Titan
According to the manual all the ports should be SATA3. Double check the BIOS for anything that would be SATA related. Then I would start with trying a different data cable on one of the drives.

The mechanical HDD won't change performance with SATA2 vs SATA3. The SSD should. Have you benchmarked to prove that you only get 250MB/s on the SSD ?

That may be your problem. I see more problems than anything from those"we get all your drivers" apps. Remove any drivers "Driver Booster" installed, then uninstall "Driver Booster." If you can't find the drivers, reinstall Windows without driver booster. If you need drivers, they are on the Asrock website.

Oct 14, 2019
That may be your problem. I see more problems than anything from those"we get all your drivers" apps. Remove any drivers "Driver Booster" installed, then uninstall "Driver Booster." If you can't find the drivers, reinstall Windows without driver booster. If you need drivers, they are on the Asrock website.
i reinstalled Windows today and i used drivers from AsRock site . and no change . still on SATA 2

That's a tough one. I mean, technically you want all the speed you can get. But on the other hand, a good SSD will use all available bandwidth of SATA 2, which is still pretty darn quick.

Look at it this way - SATA II can give you up to 300 MB/s transfer speed. Your test shows that the fastest your drive can go is 234 MB/s, so you aren't loosing anything by not having SATA III available.

I see it now. Hadn't run that program before, so I ran it at home just to see what my "standard" SSD would get for comparison, and I see see the issue, at least in some areas.
ssd.jpg

I don't know if it would make any difference, but have you tried the latest AMD drivers?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-9-series-chipsets/990fx