Question SATA cable malfunction?

popatim

Titan
Try running diskmgmt.msc and see if the drive is listed there. Perhaps you just need to assign it a new drive letter.

Also, do you feel the drive vibrating, ie - spinning? Drive that have sat for a while sometimes seize up and fail to spin.

Aslo, what was the 'old' laptop and what is the new laptop? Something like a Mac to a Windows PC won't work without additional software to make the Mac file system compatible.

Feb 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply popatim. - The drive doesn't show up under the disk management screen sadly. - yes the drive is spinning and in working order. I even tried another laptops hard drive just to double check and be sure it wasn't faulty. Still no luck. - The hard drive is from a similar PC that I am using now. Toshiba Satellite L755. Windows 8. The PC that I am using now uses Windows 7, but I don't think that matters. I also tried to use the SATA cable on 2 other PC's with the hard drive in question and got the same results. (nada) The two LED lights are lit up "access and power" Really should work, but have no idea why the PC doesn't recognize the hard drive :( Any advise is appreciated. Thanks again all who reply