CompuNerd

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Hello,

I just built a new computer with a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 board and installed a SATA DVD ROM and a SATA DVD-RW. I also have a SATA HD. All three are plugged into the Intel ports. I was able to boot from the DVD drive and install XP OK. However once in Windows the drives no longer read any disks.

Do I need to change a setting in the BIOS or install a driver during the XP Install?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

gloppppp

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
:arrow: I,m using SATA DVDRW and drives,no issues,for starters make sure your harddisk is plugged into sata port#0 and the optical drives in any other ports,should'nt be an xp or bios issue.

ornsley

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Its been a while since I heard about this issue. I recall there were several motherboards that didn't support sata optical drives. I know a friend and I both had a socket 939 motherboard that didn't support them. I can't remember the details now.

Goodluck!

ORN

CompuNerd

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
When I called Gigabyte they said to install all the drivers with a PATA drive and then reconnect the SATA ones. But still no luck. Maybe this board is not compatable with ASUS SATA drives. Thanks for the reply.

DeathscytheHELL

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Doh!
I am having troubles with my ide dvdrw burning, with xp and this board, and was gonna try buying a SATA one.
If ever I get my IDE dvd working, I will reply again if I make any changes that might help you out, I bet they have a linked problem.

wchp

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007