SATA hard drive 1TB wont show in my computer

Lain__

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
SATA hard drive 1TB won't show on my computer but when I restart 5 times or shut down my computer then i will come back. how can I fix this problem please help me

Solution
Hi there Lain__,

It would be nice to start with backing up the important data stored on the drive.

Apart from that, I would say that this sounds like a connection related issue. My suggestion would be to attach the drive with different SATA and power cables, to another SATA port.

Another thing you can do is to go to your MOBO's website and update drivers.

Checking the drive's health status out will not hurt as well: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

TheKingHK

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Well, first ensure that the drive is connected (to the MOBO using the SATA cable & to the PSU using the power cable). Assuming that it's not a layer 1 issue, open up "disk management" (done by right-clicking "My computer" and selecting manage in win 7) and look at the file system. Maybe, you're currently using one that isn't supported by your OS. From there, format and you should be good.

Keep me posted!

TheKingHK

Honorable
May 5, 2012

If the drive shows up on disk management, it should also be visible under my computer. Please send me a screenshot so I can validate that the drive is actually using a compatible file format.

Assuming that it is, is the issue still persisting? If so, is there any valuable data on the drive? Because reformatting it might resolve the issue.

P.S. I'm making assumptions, but I hope that you've tried using a different SATA cable & SATA port

Hi there Lain__,

It would be nice to start with backing up the important data stored on the drive.

Apart from that, I would say that this sounds like a connection related issue. My suggestion would be to attach the drive with different SATA and power cables, to another SATA port.

Another thing you can do is to go to your MOBO's website and update drivers.

Checking the drive's health status out will not hurt as well: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution