SATA Hard drive not showing in disk management, but it shows in bios.

snapulhd

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
I've been looking around the pass two days trying everything to get my hard drive to show up but nothing has worked. It doesn't appear in my disk management, it does show in my bios and device manager. I've tried unplugging the SATA cable and plugging it back in, uninstalling my SATA chipset or updating the driver and restarting. Nothing has worked.

Specs:
i7-7700
GTX 1060
120 GB SSD
2TB Hard drive
Asus H110-Plus Mother board
PC: iBuyPower.

Solution
We'll assume (for the moment) that you've properly installed the HDD (whatever make/model it is).

Since it's detected in the system do you think it might be a swell idea to check the health of the drive with a HDD diagnostic program? That sounds reasonable, doesn't it? Just on the chance that the drive may be defective. If it's not, then we go on to other possibilities.

So download the diagnostic program that's usually provided by the drive's manufacturer and check it out, OK?
We'll assume (for the moment) that you've properly installed the HDD (whatever make/model it is).

Since it's detected in the system do you think it might be a swell idea to check the health of the drive with a HDD diagnostic program? That sounds reasonable, doesn't it? Just on the chance that the drive may be defective. If it's not, then we go on to other possibilities.

So download the diagnostic program that's usually provided by the drive's manufacturer and check it out, OK?

Solution