SATA HDD not showing in Windows.

Oct 19, 2018
Hay, I got a new SSD to run my Windows from. I installed Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10.

All was fine till I had to place the old SSD (with Windows 7) back in briefly.

The reason for this was to deactivate the Windows key on it.

Once done the new SSD back in (with Windows 10) and now I'm having issues with my second HDD

At first I got stuck loading windows and it wouldn't boot windows. Unless I unplugged the Second HDD.

I added that HDD to a second computer to test it and although the second computer booted normaly. The HDD could not be found in windows

However, when I run from the old SSD (Windows 7) the second HDD shows up and works fine.

I cant for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Specialy all the hardware is the same as it was yesterday and it worked fine.

All that changed was an SSD that has Windows 7 was plugged in briefly to deactivate it's key. It's not even plugged in anymore.

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
right click on start win sign>choose disk management (or something like that) and look up for your drive. if it doesnt show up, open cmd as administratot, type in: diskpart>list disk and then look if your disk shows up. update with your results.