sata native support

rajib18mca

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Guys..I have compaq presario v6000 mode..
sata native support Enable ::-while my system is booting its stuck after some while its turn with blue screen & showing ,plz remove any hardware & software that currently installed (by way i have nothing installed of my knowledge) Also showing run F drive to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart system (I don't know how to do this because every time it restart after error notification & stuck there..)plz help
If above situation , if i make sata native support Disable, then my system works fine..

Guys plz help me here, what to do...plz mail me at 'rajib18mca@gmail.com'

thanks

F drive check for corruption means you need to run the Windows Disk Checker Utility "chkdsk /r" on partition F. Start / Run / type: CMD and press Enter... type "CHKDSK F: /R" and press Enter.

That's to comply with the blue screen message but that may not solve the main problem that's causing the blue screen. It sounds to me that by disabling SATA Native Support (in the BIOS), you set it to IDE Mode which doesn't need SATA Drivers... meaning you may need to install SATA drivers to use SATA Native Support. What I don't understand is what if you leave it in SATA Native Support disabled? does it revert back to enabled? if so, the BIOS battery may be losing the setting. You may need to have it replaced.

rajib18mca

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hi Chicano,

Thanks for your information but have run successfully 5 stages of "F" drive but it does not seems looks Ok. its there still same problem.. So could I through for Formatting / Install any sata native support software... Please suggest
Thanks- Rajib

OK, so if disk check didn't fix the problem, the hard drive may be damaged or it may only need the SATA drivers installed or alternatively you may have to configure the BIOS switching from SATA Native to IDE Mode so the hard drive runs in IDE Mode with no need for SATA drivers.

To install the SATA drivers and help the Hard Drive run in SATA Native, you either have to start a Windows installation and at the beggining as the option to press the F6 key appears on the screen, use it to install the SATA drivers. You may not have to complete the Windows clean or repair-installation, just install the drivers and interrupt the installation, and restart the computer... if the drivers don't install, you can install them after booting the computer in Safe Mode or install drivers with a Windows Installation either in clean or repair-instalation. (You can find the drivers in the Hard drive manufacturer website under the Support, Downloads, or Drivers link.)

[strike]The blue screen says: "remove any hardware & software that's currently installed", so remove any unnecessary hardware connected to the computer, leaving connected only the keyboard, mouse, monitor and hard drive. If some hardware device is causing the blue screen it should now start normally.[/strike] OK, so it's a notebook right?

If there is no change, reset the BIOS to default settings, and try again.

If no start try starting the computer in Safe Mode and if you manage to start it; install the SATA drivers and scan for virus, malware or remove recently installed programs

To start in Safe Mode:
Right after the BIOS post, press F8 once per second till the Safe Mode options appear on the screen, select Safe Mode, logon and install SATA drivers, do security scans, disable startup programs in Start\Run\rype "msconfig" no quotes and press Enter.. in the
Startup tab, remove the check mark from all programs except from the Antivirus.

If imposible to start in safe mode, try the Last Known Good Configuration option from the F8 startup options.

If still no success, you can download the Hiren's Boot CD or USB, burn it on a CD (or install it on a USB pendrive/flash drive), boot the computer with the CD/USB drive inserted the optical bay, and recover personal files, and after that, you can format the hard drive to clean install Windows or repair-install it. With this last option you don't necessarily have to backup personal files but if you can, do it to be safe.