Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
These are the parts.

Mobo GA-G33-DSR2
FW: 4a
HDs: 2 Samsung 501 LJT Gig (SATA)
CDRom: Pioneer BDC-202 (SATA)
Intel Matrix Storage drivers 7.5.0.1017

I have googled till my fingers bleed and must have gone trough at least 15 virgin XP installes but I am not able to have the discs running in AHCI nor Raid mode.

I have read through the part of switching to AHCI mode after a XP install but no joy with the various methodes I get after the Checking DMI Pool message the error "No systems disc".

I have followed to the letter the manual in creating a driver floppy disc, I have used this during the install hitting F6, but it looks like the iastor.sys driver is never used.

After the initial install from CD-Rom and the copying of files including the ones from the floppy have finished and the system restarts, if I change then in the BIOS the settings to either AHCI or RAID the system hangs after displaying the message Checking DMI Pool.

Since I have several of these 500 Gig drives I finished one installation and after installing the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard I have two SATA controler listed in the Device Manager one having the number 2920 & the other 2926, which both of them don't support AHCI nor RAID.

I am trying to disconnect the SATA CD-Rom and try with a generic CD-Rom drive and see if that will help.

But I would appreciate some help in getting these drives to run either in AHCI or RAID mode under XP. I do understand that Vista is easier on installing these drives.

Thanks for any help.

one2go

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
Well after some more searching I found the solution on the German GigaByte forum. I must say those guys on that forum are brilliant. The solution for changing to AHCI after XP has been installed was easier then I thought if I only had read their solution first it would have saved me days.

Here is the solution, a REG file that the moderator produced and a short description plus the Intel drivers for the Floppy plus the Intel Matrix storage manager.

http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=1&show=2647&start=0