Question SATA PCI Card causing computer to startup when shutdown

AmplitudeRising

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I am running a Dell OptiPlex 7010 with Windows Server 2019 Standard.
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000124508/dell-optiplex-7010-system-guide

To use additional SSD drives. I added this card:
SATA Card 4 Port with 4 SATA Cables, 6 Gbps SATA 3.0 Controller PCI Express Expression Card with Low Profile Bracket Support 4 SATA 3.0 Devices

The system boots with out issues, and all of the additional drives are working as they should.

However, when I shutdown the computer, the system shuts down for 5 seconds, all the lights go off then after 5 seconds, the computer turns on.

I am not certain how to stop this. if I unplug the card, then the issue goes away, if I plug in the card the issue persists.

The system keeps turning back on when I shutdown the computer.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you.

popatim

Titan
From an Admin level command prompt, run powercfg -energy and see if there are any issues (possibly the card doesn't support hybrid sleep?)
Then, if that didn't help,
run powercfg -lastwake followed by powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and see if that offers any clues.

You could also check in Event Viewer . Look for event 1 power-troubleshooter. It will list the startup source but it could be 'unkown' :(

AmplitudeRising

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
From an Admin level command prompt, run powercfg -energy and see if there are any issues (possibly the card doesn't support hybrid sleep?)
Then, if that didn't help,
run powercfg -lastwake followed by powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and see if that offers any clues.

You could also check in Event Viewer . Look for event 1 power-troubleshooter. It will list the startup source but it could be 'unkown' :(

I had another SATA PCI laying around that I bought about 8 years:
This one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61XQ5Tzu9rL._AC_SL1081_.jpg
I plugged it in and all is working perfectly.

No power issues.

I am going to return the one causing the restart.

Thank you for responding.