SATA PCMCIA for External SATA Drive

ChaChaBoogie

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004
Anyone have any experience with SATA PCMCIA cards? Have you gotten the claimed 1.5Mbps transfer rates? I'm thinking of building a multi bay external hard Drive rig for my Laptop using SATA Drives. There are not a lot of options out there for this, and the ones that are seem extremely overpriced. My prototype setup would be a PSU of some sort, a 120GB SATA HD, SATA PCMCIA card and a SATA Cable, seems like it should work, w/ no PCB or any other components. What do you guys think? Any comments and critiques are welcomed.

Thanks
Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
1.5Mbps is megabits per second, that would only be .1875MB/s!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ChaChaBoogie

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004
Crashman. Ok, Sorry is it 150MBps? Anyways, thanks for pointing out my mistakes, Although I'm dissapointed you have no other comments to make...bah.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I really don't know that much about PCMCIA performance.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>