[SOLVED] sata ports blocked by the gpu

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
hi ,
my sata ports are blocked by my gpu , only can use 3 sata ports of six , I was wondering on add a ssd to the system and can´t do it because the 3 ports left are blocked .... what can I do ? I read sugestions on the internet of connectting the 90 degree sata cables on the motherboard with the end of the 90º degree angle on the board ,but that way the sata port on the motherboard will not bend ?

Solution
The 90 degree SATA cable ends are made for pretty much exactly your situation.
They even make the 90 degree in either left or right styles. And/or on both ends.
You just have to look at your board and your clearance, and see what you need.

USAFRet

Titan
They even make the 90 degree in either left or right styles. And/or on both ends.

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
looks like even trying that cables is not possible anyway .after some tries only can use sata 6, the last one on the top counting from left to right, the other ones is imposiible even with that sata cables :(. There´s a picture here that it´s possible to see the space between my gpu and the sata ports https://i.postimg.cc/05G6k7tW/IMG-20190524-213012.jpg

Last edited:

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
afer all finally get it to work , all sata connections with sata cable that have the side with the 90º angle . but is too close , literally nothing can pass between the gpu and the cable , it could be safe to have the sata and gpu this way ?
IMG-20190525-135716.jpg