[SOLVED] SATA Power Cable Adapters for 2TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO?

Jan 2, 2021
To whom it may concern,
Any advice or knowledge you can share would be appreciated. I have an older gaming rig that I have been upgrading over the last 10 years or so. As could be expected, my initial Hard Drive is nearly full & I am looking to add additional storage via a Samsung SSD. My problem is that my Power Supply does not have cables or slots for SATA Power Cords necessary to power the new SSD. I have looked online, & I have no clue what adapters I would need to complete this upgrade. Below I have included pictures of my existing cabling & power supply.

Thank you for your time,
~Lecto-Sama

New Parts: New SSD // Mounting Bracket

Pics: Power Supply // Wire Set-up // Power Supply Cord // More Cables Pt1 // More Cables Pt2

My existing components: Power Supply // Motherboard

Jan 2, 2021
Adapters such as this one are typically not recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-3-Pack-Molex-Power/dp/B00STNUB04

Your PSU should have included modular cables to connect to SATA devices (HDDs, Optical drives, etc).

Look at the cables connected to your current HDDs to see if you have an available SATA connector.

Lets say for the sake of argument that I may have lost said cables over the years. Are there any replacement SATA Power cables you would recommend that would fit into the remaining slots on my PSU? Further, is the Samsung EVO even a good SSD?

USAFRet

Titan
Lets say for the sake of argument that I may have lost said cables over the years. Are there any replacement SATA Power cables you would recommend that would fit into the remaining slots on my PSU? Further, is the Samsung EVO even a good SSD?
The ONLY modular cables you can use are ones from that manufacturer, for that specific PSU.
These are not universal.

And yes, the Samsung 8XX series is pretty much the top level in SATA III drives.
I have several (parts list below, bought another 2 weeks ago).