Sata Power Cable

davidnavratil

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014
Newbie Dave here putting together my 1st system. I have a EVGA PS that is totally modular. The Sata cables provided all have 1 end plug that goes into the PS and 3 end plugs that I assume you can connect 3 items to this.
Do you guys know of any place that sells just a single cable without the 3 connections, just 1 connection. I've looked everwhere on the Net and no luck! I'm only connecting 1 Blu Ray Drive. My SSD is all the way in the back of the case (Thermaltake Core V41). I would like to get a short single cable for the SSD and a longer single cable for the BR Drive.!! Hope I'm making sense!

Solution
Most people would just use two of the SATA power cables with the 3 connectors that are included with your power supply. Just route the cable under the motherboard mounting plate to hide the extra connectors and plug the end / last connector into the drive.

That is why those big holes exist above and below the motherboard. You can examine the pictures on the Thermaltake web site page at http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002499

The image in the section labeled "Liquid Cooling Performance" has the picture that I am talking about. Look at the area just in front of the power supply where all of the power cables are tucked under the motherboard mounting plate.

All you have to do is remove both of the case side panels...

Unkk

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
Your only real hope is to get a SATA power extension cable, use your current three adapter cable and use the extension for your sata hard drive. The third one will just have to be tucked away.

wildfire707

Distinguished
Most people would just use two of the SATA power cables with the 3 connectors that are included with your power supply. Just route the cable under the motherboard mounting plate to hide the extra connectors and plug the end / last connector into the drive.

That is why those big holes exist above and below the motherboard. You can examine the pictures on the Thermaltake web site page at http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002499

The image in the section labeled "Liquid Cooling Performance" has the picture that I am talking about. Look at the area just in front of the power supply where all of the power cables are tucked under the motherboard mounting plate.

All you have to do is remove both of the case side panels to do this, and it isn't too hard as long as you make sure that you are careful when you put the right side panel. The cables can get caught or push against the panel if they are not routed very well.

Solution