Question sata to molex adapter (red wire melted only)

anouar25

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
when i try to turn on my PC the sata/molex adapter on my HDD
melt instantly just the red wire (tried so many times the same result)

its worked just fine and i was trying to changes some cables and it happen

Well then, it sounds like when you plugged something in, you plugged it in wrong.

You're not telling us what cables you changed or moved, but if you send the wrong voltage to your drive, you fry the drive and that in turn will light up the power lead feeding the drive.

You could have plugged something in upside down. If you're using a modular PSU, you could have plugged a cable into the wrong port. You say you're using a Molex/SATA adapter; those things are pretty much fire starters without even provoking them...... Lots of stuff you could have messed up there. Can't help any more without more information though.

Reactions: anouar25

anouar25

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Well then, it sounds like when you plugged something in, you plugged it in wrong.

You're not telling us what cables you changed or moved, but if you send the wrong voltage to your drive, you fry the drive and that in turn will light up the power lead feeding the drive.

You could have plugged something in upside down. If you're using a modular PSU, you could have plugged a cable into the wrong port. You say you're using a Molex/SATA adapter; those things are pretty much fire starters without even provoking them...... Lots of stuff you could have messed up there. Can't help any more without more information though.
actually its a mining rig trying to replace some molex/sata adaptors on risers i just move up the hdd a little and this happen , actually when i try to plug this wicked hdd anywhere it burn any cable pluged in it instantly .

actually its a mining rig trying to replace some molex/sata adaptors on risers i just move up the hdd a little and this happen , actually when i try to plug this wicked hdd anywhere it burn any cable pluged in it instantly .

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................

Don't use SATA powered PCIe risers. And if you absolutely must, don't use Molex to SATA adapters to power them.

Seriously. Google it. 9 out of 10 times, you look at those things crooked and they go up in flames.

Reactions: anouar25

anouar25

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................

Don't use SATA powered PCIe risers. And if you absolutely must, don't use Molex to SATA adapters to power them.

Seriously. Google it. 9 out of 10 times, you look at those things crooked and they go up in flames.
2 years using them no problem 😅

anouar25

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
i c
So you're lucky. That's all. If all of them failed all of the time, they wouldn't be on the market. Ninstead, most of the fail most of the time.

But if you don't want to take my word for it....
h
So you're lucky. That's all. If all of them failed all of the time, they wouldn't be on the market. Ninstead, most of the fail most of the time.

But if you don't want to take my word for it....
i changed them to molex cables its ok ?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: