[SOLVED] SATA to SFF-8643 (or U.2 port)

Sep 28, 2022
Hello guys !

I would like to use my Asus B85M-G with a Silverstone CS381 tower I just bought. I use a 4xSATA to SFF-8643 and connected the 4x SATA 6GB/s of my motherboard to the SFF-8643 of the Silverstone CS381, but the drives are not detected. Am I doing something wrong ? Or it is not possible to do so...

Thank you for your help

Sep 28, 2022
Thank you for your answer ! Yes I start to understand that I did not understand it at all... :LOL: I misunderstood the info of the tower where it says you can connect with SFF-8643 without knowing that it was not a distribution board from 4 SATA...

I'm using WD Red HDD. I modified the tower to be able to connect directly to the HDD (SATA of MOB to SATA of HDD) so I can have my server working but I loose all the interest of this tower... I guess my best option would be to change my MOB to a new one with 2x U.2 ports... I found some PCi adapter to that but they are almost the same price than a motherboard

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022
The tower SilverStone has a U.2 port which allows to do hot swapping. I wanted to use this functionality because I have 8x HDD for my server and I need to change them sometimes when one failed, so this feature would have be really appreciated.

The reference of the tower here

Sep 28, 2022
Last edited: