I just built two Neo2 Platinum systems with XP Pro on a Maxtor IDE
drive. Now one of the people I built it for wants to add one Sata drive,
non raid (obviously). Windows stays on the IDE drive. I did not install
sata drivers during XP install. Will XP recognize the Sata drive and can
it be partitioned and formated through XP?

Thanks,
Bill

I don't remember Windows doing anything different because my only drive was
SATA (therefore without RAID).

My 915G boards BIOS SATA setting offers IDE, AHCI or RAID. I left it on
IDE.

You posted a week ago, any solutions yet?

--
John
http://www.geocities.com/hondamaniac