Build Advice Satisfactory power consumption for a 180W PSU

Aug 28, 2022
Hi ,

I'm looking at building an extremely budget mini itx PC with salvaged components and NO GPu.

The only new item I will be buying is a small form factor case with an integrated 180W PSU.

I've read that the PSU should have 40%-50% headroom with the estimated wattage on PC Part Picker as they do not always give an exact calculation.

By this calculation my estimated build should not exceed ~130W, would this be OK?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I cannot find anything specific on the PSU for that as far as rating or quality. Similar situation with the Chopin. InWin has another case called the B1 which has available a 200W gold PSU. It is also available for purchase as a separate item and would recommend.

I have utilized the 180W one that InWin uses for builds such as an A8 (AMD) and a "400" spec i5 and it didn't give any specific problem.

I would mention that if you can find specifics about the layout of the interior of that case it's a good idea to check that out in relation to your motherboard selection (or checking against the one you already have) as the InWin was very close on some of the cables going where needed for the build without extension cables. That last aspect can be problematic given the lack of room inside these type cases.