.Sav File help

Solution
First of all go to Control Panel - Default Programs.
Then find the File extension you want (in your case .sav)
Then associate it with TitalFall.

Once that is done go back to your Desktop, click on the icon and select Change Icon.

Phil McConnochie

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
No it wasn't set by the gameThe .sav file was a blank white icon,The problem i have is that windows doesnt offer an easy solution to return back to the original 'blank white icon' yes i knew that already, i don't want the titanfall 2 icon that has nothing to do with titanfall 2 at all, the icon has taken over other sav files on the computer. i had the same problem with an emulator in the past, which would do the same thing, really annoying and more importantly there isn't any easy way apart from making another icon take over it like Ie' or something. I'll keep googling , as of now iv just used the ie icon as a change of view , but il be googling a solution to it.

First of all go to Control Panel - Default Programs.
Then find the File extension you want (in your case .sav)
Then associate it with TitalFall.

Once that is done go back to your Desktop, click on the icon and select Change Icon.

Solution
The icon shown is from what program has been associated with the file type. The association is used to help a user start a specific program by clicking on a data file, for example start MS Word by clicking on a .DOC file. Usually .SAV files aren't associated with any special program, since users normally don't click the .SAV file to start a game.

To remove the accociation, open a command prompt and issue the command "ASSOC .sav=" without the quotes.
https://www.computerhope.com/assoc.htm

Nigel