save folder found through game, but not through explorer.

Hoarde

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Dwarf Fortress saves the games in folder data\save\, but somehow my current game doesn't have the save folder, despite the game loading and saving there successfully. Furthermore, if I rename the folder, even the game doesn't find the saves anymore.

The folder is not hidden, and even the size of the parent folder indicates that there's no save game in the child folders. What is going on, and how can I get to the contents of the save folder.

Solution
Solved it. Apparently Comodo Antivirus sandboxes seemingly random applications, and the files were at C:\VTRoot folder. I disabled auto sandboxing, added Dwarf Fortress to trusted applications and manually copied the save folder from VTRoot to Data, and now everything seems to be in order.

Hoarde

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015

I tried that, but there appear to be no modified files whatsoever, despite making a new save.

Hoarde

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
I just tried making another copy of Dwarf Fortress, and the same thing happened again. The save folder cannot be found or navigated to, doesn't take space, won't get copied when copying the parent folder, and the games can be loaded only when the game folder has the same name as when the save was created.

Hoarde

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Solved it. Apparently Comodo Antivirus sandboxes seemingly random applications, and the files were at C:\VTRoot folder. I disabled auto sandboxing, added Dwarf Fortress to trusted applications and manually copied the save folder from VTRoot to Data, and now everything seems to be in order.

Solution