[SOLVED] Save my pc please! - Sudden GPU terrible benchmark

Mar 13, 2021
My pc was doing fine until 3 days ago. When i open games like CSGO, i intially get almost 300fps. But after 10 - 15 minutes playing, it suddenly drop to 20 - 30 fps and never get higher.

I have noticed is whenever fps start dropping, those things happen:
  1. GPU usage went from 30 - 40 % to 99-100 % but the heat never higher than 40 degree C ( usage higher, but lower temp)
  2. CPU usage went from 50% to 20% (sudden low usage)
  3. Gpu suddeny goes to low power usage
  4. Gpu Performance limit-power in HWiINFO is always 'yes'

Its definitely not over heating because both of my cpu and gpu never higher than 45 degree C. Especially my GPU, i feel like its always in idle mode, even when im playing game.

I have reinstalled windows 10, updated GPU driver, using Malwarebytes but nothing worked

And i justed running a benchmark. Everything is fine, except my GPU, it had a terrible benchmark: MSI B360M GAMING PLUS (MS-7B19) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Here my specs:
I3-8100
Gtx-1060 6gb
Mainboard: msi b360m gaming plus
PSU cosair 500w
ram 8gb
ssd 120gb
hdd 1TB

Solution
My pc was doing fine until 3 days ago. When i open games like CSGO, i intially get almost 300fps. But after 10 - 15 minutes playing, it suddenly drop to 20 - 30 fps and never get higher.

1. GPU usage went from 30 - 40 % to 99-100 % but the heat never higher than 40 degree C ( usage higher, but lower temp)
Its definitely not over heating because both of my cpu and gpu never higher than 45 degree C. Especially my GPU, i feel like its always in idle mode, even when im playing game.

I have reinstalled windows...

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
How did you exactly reinstall Windows?
You need to perform a clean install from a usb flash drive by formatting your C: partition.

After the first boot, update Windows, install the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia, reboot and run userbenchmark, make sure that nothing is running in the background.

Mar 13, 2021
How did you exactly reinstall Windows?
You need to perform a clean install from a usb flash drive by formatting your C: partition.

After the first boot, update Windows, install the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia, reboot and run userbenchmark, make sure that nothing is running in the background.
i did everything you said, unfortunately they didnt work

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021

I have reinstalled windows 10, updated GPU driver, using Malwarebytes but nothing worked

And i justed running a benchmark. Everything is fine, except my GPU, it had a terrible benchmark: MSI B360M GAMING PLUS (MS-7B19) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Here my specs:
I3-8100
Gtx-1060 6gb
Mainboard: msi b360m gaming plus
PSU cosair 500w
ram 8gb
ssd 120gb
hdd 1TB
what benchmark are you using?
close every application before each benchmark (never run games with benchmarks)
solutions:
1.open task manager
and go to process and run benchmark make sure that most process (CPU OR GPU) are tested with full power (90-100%) if it is lower it could be a problem with benchmark
2.download MSI burner and while in benchmark check the GPU clock speed to see if it is on the advertised one, if it's not (and GPU works just fine) you should send it to warranty (exception includes overheating which should be fixed by reapplying thermal paste and checking the fan)
3.go to task manager again and from process go to CPU, run the benchmark and insure that the CPU clock indicator (NOT THE ONE ON THE NAME THE ONE THAT SAYS SPEED) is slightly lower than the advertised turbo clock speed CPU (yes its always slightly lower the turbo clock speed compare to max advertised!) if it's not download HWinfo and open the sensors and inspect if the CPU is being throttled from overheating (which its a thermal issue can be fixed like GPU in addition you may not using enough powerful cooler)

Solution
Mar 13, 2021
what benchmark are you using?
close every application before each benchmark (never run games with benchmarks)
solutions:
1.open task manager
and go to process and run benchmark make sure that most process (CPU OR GPU) are tested with full power (90-100%) if it is lower it could be a problem with benchmark
2.download MSI burner and while in benchmark check the GPU clock speed to see if it is on the advertised one, if it's not (and GPU works just fine) you should send it to warranty (exception includes overheating which should be fixed by reapplying thermal paste and checking the fan)
3.go to task manager again and from process go to CPU, run the benchmark and insure that the CPU clock indicator (NOT THE ONE ON THE NAME THE ONE THAT SAYS SPEED) is slightly lower than the advertised turbo clock speed CPU (yes its always slightly lower the turbo clock speed compare to max advertised!) if it's not download HWinfo and open the sensors and inspect if the CPU is being throttled from overheating (which its a thermal issue can be fixed like GPU in addition you may not using enough powerful cooler)
Thanks for replying,

I used HWinfo, and it indicated that both my CPU and GPU temp is never higher than 45 degree Celsius while gaming so i dont think its about overheating (which is super lower than before). I have noticed another thing is, THE CORE CLOCK ALWAYS STUCK AT 139 MHZ even when gaming or running benchmark. It feels like my GPU is sleeping all the time.

After reinstall, update every thing, i found a short-term solution by disable GPU in Device Mangaer then enable it instantly. Then GPU core clock is up to 1500 MHZ. But after 30 minutes, it comes back to the "sleeping mode" (i named it) with 139 MHZ and stay with that forever.

I tried to send my full PC to warranty. But unfortunately the gpu suddenly wake up at that time and they send it back to cause they think its still normal. But i know its just a short term state, and it definitely will be bad again. And i was true. Its still running terrible right now. Should i try to go for warranty again?

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
Thanks for replying,

I used HWinfo, and it indicated that both my CPU and GPU temp is never higher than 45 degree Celsius while gaming so i dont think its about overheating (which is super lower than before). I have noticed another thing is, THE CORE CLOCK ALWAYS STUCK AT 139 MHZ even when gaming or running benchmark. It feels like my GPU is sleeping all the time.

After reinstall, update every thing, i found a short-term solution by disable GPU in Device Mangaer then enable it instantly. Then GPU core clock is up to 1500 MHZ. But after 30 minutes, it comes back to the "sleeping mode" (i named it) with 139 MHZ and stay with that forever.

I tried to send my full PC to warranty. But unfortunately the gpu suddenly wake up at that time and they send it back to cause they think its still normal. But i know its just a short term state, and it definitely will be bad again. And i was true. Its still running terrible right now. Should i try to go for warranty again?
maybe finding a way to replicate the issue and send them the reproduction instructions