Save search results -- Windows Explorer

dw

Hello, all. Is there a way to save the search *results* from Windows
Explorer to a file in WinXP Pro SP2? I think there's a way to save the
search query; I need the results and the filenames/paths that it found.
Thanks.

dw wrote:
> Hello, all. Is there a way to save the search *results* from Windows
> Explorer to a file in WinXP Pro SP2? I think there's a way to save the
> search query; I need the results and the filenames/paths that it found.
> Thanks.

Hi;

Don't know of a way to save the full results (size, date, etc.) but you can
save the path/name results of the Search by installing the MS Powertoy
SendToX. If you don't already have it installed, you can grab it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrToysSet/Default.asp
I'm afraid you will have to download the whole PowerToy set, but all you
want right now is to install the SendtoX one.

If you are not familiar with these PowerToys, I strongly recommend you read
the cautions and information MS MVP Jim Eshelman has made available on this
page: http://aumha.org/a/powertoy.htm

Now then, once you have SendToX installed, run your Search. Then from the
Edit pulldown menu click Select All; next move your mouse cursor to where it
hovers over the highlighted list of file names and right-click; select Send
To... and then select Clipboard as Name. You can then open your favorite
text editor (Notepad, for example) and paste the list of files into that
document.

--

....Sky

dw