saVErPro - Unwanted extension generator

freshtodeath

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hello,

I have an issue with removing the saVErPro extension from my browser. I have attempted the following:

- delete the extension
- remove associated software from Control Panel
- run CC Cleaner (internet file/registry cleaner)
- run MalwareBytes

After all of this, each time I open Chrome the extension is re-installed. I am able to once again remove it, but each time the browser is re-started the extension is there again.

At this point I am at a loss. Has anyone had this problem with these extensions and found a way to permanently delete them?

Thanks

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
have you tried un-syncing the browser with your Google account if it is synced? maybe it's bugging out and keeps trying to re-add it like when you first log into an Android phone. Also, what's the full name of the extension, and did you install it purposely or was it accidentally installed?

freshtodeath

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010

This is on my dad's computer and he does not sync to Google (no account) - I will double check though.

Name of the extension is "saVErPro" - accidental installation as family members were browsing around the web and picked up this crap.

freshtodeath

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010

Did this already - it is similar but not quite. Followed the process anyhow and still nothing, the damn thing keeps coming back.

It is adverts. applies a link to keywords which is really annoying