Question Saving my laptop with fried battery circuit

Jan 4, 2022
So I have a ASUS Zenbook Pro from 2018. It served me well until it started shutting down for no reason. A trip to repair service concluded that the problem is in the motherboard which can't be repaired.
Probably a fried circuit in connection with the battery, I suspect this because there was a crackling sound and then it smelled burned, I had a third party battery in it and it doesn't run with a battery anymore. I don't have any battery in it now and it never mattered, it shuts down anyway.

The laptop performs great on charger except that it randomly quits. Sometimes it runs for hours without problems, sometimes it runs only for a few minutes, more frequently unfortunately. I did a full reset a while ago and it worked almost flawless for a few months.

I don't think it is due to overheating, but I wonder if it is triggered with static electricity, because sometimes when I touch it it stops.

I really don't want to give up on this machine yet, so I am asking this forum if anyone has any idea what is causing this and what I can do to keep using it, if anything.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fact that you don't know what to do or what to look for is the issue, we could advise you on disassembling the laptop and then identifying each square inch of the motherboard and locate the damaged part then replace it with a soldering iron but that would need skilled hands which in most cases will cost a pretty penny and/or require someone who is skilled...which I'm assuming is lacking on both fronts where you're located.

The power circuitry will require repair. If that's not possible the motherboard needs changing...which often times costs about the same as a new laptop.

Jan 4, 2022
Thank you but this
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fact that you don't know what to do or what to look for is the issue, we could advise you on disassembling the laptop and then identifying each square inch of the motherboard and locate the damaged part then replace it with a soldering iron but that would need skilled hands which in most cases will cost a pretty penny and/or require someone who is skilled...which I'm assuming is lacking on both fronts where you're located.

The power circuitry will require repair. If that's not possible the motherboard needs changing...which often times costs about the same as a new laptop.

Thanks, but this wasn't a support request, I am well aware of what needs to be repaired and how to do it. I'm looking for ideas for a quick fix.