Saving photo images

I have a freind who is new to XP...she tries to save a picture file from
various websites but is told that iit is an art file and can't be saved. Any
suggestions on this?

rajtheroge wrote:
> I have a freind who is new to XP...she tries to save a picture file from
> various websites but is told that iit is an art file and can't be saved. Any
> suggestions on this?
Hi rajtheroge, from what i remember long long ago "art" is an extension
referring to First Publisher Art image which you should be able to
open with IE.
see http://www.techadvice.com/tech/F/file-extensions.htm ...
not sure what other photo programs can open it . Hope this helps

This most likely a propritary AOL image format. These instructions are from:
http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-16505.html
In AOL : Settings/Internet Properties check "never compress graphics." As
for changing previously saved "art" files into JPEG's, not sure, you may just
be SOL