[SOLVED] Saving RAW pictures to a different folder

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I recently picked up a Rebel T7 (Canon) and want to shoot in JPEG+RAW. It works fine but is it possible to save the RAW images to a different folder on the SD card to separate them from the JPEGs?

Solution
I recently picked up a Rebel T7 (Canon) and want to shoot in JPEG+RAW. It works fine but is it possible to save the RAW images to a different folder on the SD card to separate them from the JPEGs?
I do not believe so.

And any sorting and manipulation should be done in the PC/laptop, not in the camera.
On your PC, when you view the folders, you can right click and "SORT by TYPE" which will separate the files into 2 halves. Then just copy the files you want into another folder.

Also, you should install a raw file viewer, so it you can see the preview in file explorer and open it like a jpeg. I haven't shot in jpeg in years, I only shoot in raw because if there's a photo you like you have so much more latitude to make adjustments, especially in the shadows and highlights.

Canon has teamed up with Microsoft and integrated the Canon codec into the Windows Raw Image Extension. It's in the app store, free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/raw-image-extension/9nctdw2w1bh8#activetab=pivot:overviewtab