saving while clean install

I have a choice of throwing the computer out the window or
continue with the torture and unfortunately I have to go
with the torcher. I have a 2nd hard drive(200GB slave) to
which I can save programs and files. I have win 2004 Pro
with sp 4. I get hh.exe errors, cannot open registry with
regedit, my printer wont print color, I cannot reinstall
my printer soft ware due to OS problems and on and on.I am
planning to do a clean install of win 2000 Pro. 1)What
type of files can be saved without reinstalling. 2)How
will I reinstall programs like music match I downloaded
with purchase but do not have an application file saved.3)
what are the steps cleaninstall, install drives,then
programs like office 2003??

"rajik" wrote:
1)What
| type of files can be saved without reinstalling.
* Not sure what this means.

2)How
| will I reinstall programs like music match I downloaded
| with purchase but do not have an application file saved.
* If you still have some record of the purchase try contacting them. In a
lot of cases there are means such that you can download again.

3)
| what are the steps cleaninstall, install drives,
* To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or
setup disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows
2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts.

| programs like office 2003??
* Same way you installed it originally. Since it's the same hardware
reactivation should go without a hitch.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional