Saving Win 7 Solitaire

Chasm325

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I cloned my Windows 7 HDD before getting the free upgrade to Win10. Is there a way to add this drive to a new computer I'm building and booting Win10 on the new ssd and Win 7 on this hdd if I choose that in BIOS? I have great solitaire statistics on the Win 7 hdd and I'm so upset with Microsoft for taking the original Solitaire away. T he new games on Win 10 are heavily advertisement oriented and not enjoyable to play. Or, do I need to have a hot-swappable bay? I would just like to play the original solitaire once in a while. And, since it is a 2T drive, I can use part of it for backing up all my computers as well as booting into Win 7 off the internet.

Solution
when you upgrade to windows 10 your windows 7 license is invalidated when windows 10 activates (though your OS can be rolled back for 30 days to windows 7 from the initial upgrade and still be valid). So you would need a fresh copy of windows 7 to make it work and load a dual boot for both OSes.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
when you upgrade to windows 10 your windows 7 license is invalidated when windows 10 activates (though your OS can be rolled back for 30 days to windows 7 from the initial upgrade and still be valid). So you would need a fresh copy of windows 7 to make it work and load a dual boot for both OSes.

Solution

Chasm325

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

Chasm325

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Yes atomicWAR, I do understand about the licensing issue. The little "Get back at Microsoft" voice has been whispering in my ear. Surely they wouldn't mind if I kept it in a dusty old corner not hooked up to the internet just to play solitaire on once in a while? Oh well, I guess I'll give up trying to save the old Solitaire, but I don't enjoy the new replacements whatsoever. Maybe the Microsoft store for an app(ho,ho,ho)..........