sax2 problem with nvidia drivers

I have successfully installed the nvidia driver with the installation
program and have learned a great many things about linux in the process.
However now that it is installed i can't seem to use it in suse 9.0. I was
informed to use the command (SAX2 -M 0=NVIDIA) but when i enter this
command the screen does some weird things before going to a desktop screen
with no changes afterwards. to be more specific. the screen goes black then
grey with the cursor on the gray screen looking like a large X then goes
back to my desktop. if i run the command as the root user i get the
message: sax initialising, and then the error message: SaX: ups lost card
during probing... abort so now i have no idea what to do in this situation
and I am looking for anyone else using suse 9.0 who may be able to assist
in a fix.

thanks in advance
khalid357
--
new

user

Splendid

khalid357 wrote:
> I have successfully installed the nvidia driver with the installation
> program and have learned a great many things about linux in the process.
> However now that it is installed i can't seem to use it in suse 9.0. I was
> informed to use the command (SAX2 -M 0=NVIDIA) but when i enter this
> command the screen does some weird things before going to a desktop screen
> with no changes afterwards. to be more specific. the screen goes black then
> grey with the cursor on the gray screen looking like a large X then goes
> back to my desktop. if i run the command as the root user i get the
> message: sax initialising, and then the error message: SaX: ups lost card
> during probing... abort so now i have no idea what to do in this situation
> and I am looking for anyone else using suse 9.0 who may be able to assist
> in a fix.
>
> thanks in advance
> khalid357

Try to be more specific ;-) or people have difficulty helping you.

I use SuSE-9.0 and was able to get an 'AGP' 64mb 'Asus-v7700ProDel'
card running using kernel '2.4. xxx-199' and the nvidia linux driver
'NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg.run'. When I tried the same with
the -202 binary kernel upgrade it crashed because I didn't have the
kernel source package on board (too big for my 56k line).

As is I don't know what to tell you, maybe your '???' card
is loose/intermittent, maybe ,,,,?