SB Audigy microphone recording way too low...

frank

I have a new system, everything is working great...except..I have a Sound
Blaster Audigy and it records, with any mic, very very low. I tried
installing and reinstalling the SB drivers, I've had microphone boost on and
off, reboots, everything...cannot figure it out. I even uninstalled the
suite of programs and just installed the drivers, still real low. I have a
pro mic MXL V63MBP as well as a radio shack lav mic, same deal. Last system
I had the mics were very loud and clear, not sure what the problem is..any
suggestions would be great..thanks!

Frank

frank wrote:
> I have a new system, everything is working great...except..I have a Sound
> Blaster Audigy and it records, with any mic, very very low. I tried
> installing and reinstalling the SB drivers, I've had microphone boost on and
> off, reboots, everything...cannot figure it out. I even uninstalled the
> suite of programs and just installed the drivers, still real low. I have a
> pro mic MXL V63MBP as well as a radio shack lav mic, same deal. Last system
> I had the mics were very loud and clear, not sure what the problem is..any
> suggestions would be great..thanks!
>
> Frank

First assumption would be an impedance mismatch between the
microphones and the mic input on the sound card. How do the
specs compare between the sound card in the old system and
this new one?

May I ask: Are you connecting the mic to the 'Mic In' port and not the
'Line In' plug? The "Mic In" plug may be amplified and the 'Line In' may
not be.

"frank" <frankmcma @ yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have a new system, everything is working great...except..I have a Sound
> Blaster Audigy and it records, with any mic, very very low. I tried
> installing and reinstalling the SB drivers, I've had microphone boost on
> and off, reboots, everything...cannot figure it out. I even uninstalled
> the suite of programs and just installed the drivers, still real low. I
> have a pro mic MXL V63MBP as well as a radio shack lav mic, same deal.
> Last system I had the mics were very loud and clear, not sure what the
> problem is..any suggestions would be great..thanks!
>
> Frank

frank

Well I think I am seeing a system wide problem because I have tried 3
different mics and they all sound very very low.

I just popped into the Dell message boards and the problem is posted all
over the place there.

Anyone have a setup like this and has found a solution?

Frank