SB livewar4 download link.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
sb softs arent free from creative ?

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
creative gives you all the necessary sound softs&drivers even if you buy an OEM version.

its not free when you have an old sb & you want yet to upgrade the sound softwares but not the hardware. LOL

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's also not free if you just bought it two weeks ago and lost/damaged the disk. In fact, one could argue that it's never free, since you must either pay the price for a new card or pay the price of the separate disk.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
It's also not free if you just bought it two weeks ago and lost/damaged the disk.
another time wrong. lol

you have just bought a card so there is a guaranty.
email creative & they give you back for free another CD to replace the damaged one.

i already did it.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
you can ask directly to the manufacturer, sometimes its most efficient, faster simply because its straight without middleman.
moreover sometimes sellers can ignore your request then that manufacturers not (the reverse is also possible).

<i>note: you have often to send back a warranty ticket to the manufacturer to register your new product.<i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
which is where the problem begins. Most people loose their receipts and neglect their warrantee cards. This bit of neglegence is no excuse for Creative not to at least POST everything on their download site.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
you can also register the product directly on their site by Internet & it'll work @ the same way.

<i>if you want we can discuss about for 1 or 2 weeks but i dont think this will give us a way out, no ?</i>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
There was a time not so long ago when one could purchase a Creative product and be at peace knowing it was a solid product. Now things are different. I don't know what happened, but I will never buy anything from Creative again. Nor will I ever recommend anything from Creative to anyone else.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
can you expand your creative products misadventures ?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
1. The well-known 686 south bridge bug that tends to corrupt data on HDDs.
2. Defective 5X DVD popped and cracked while playing CD's
3. The inability to get decent drivers
4. Defective GF2 Ultra

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
all of that is usual.
this is not especially creative dependent.

note:
1 & 4 - are not at all creative related.

2 - yes, you can popped your DVD drive especially if it has a lot of MTBF (eg playing games often which use multiple CDs, playing DVDs often to view movies, DVD drive which is 3-4 years olds or more, etc...).

<i>as your HD, your printer, any hardware, ...</i>

3 - i have had some drivers issues but i corrected them all with some upgrades downloaded from their site.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The popping was heard all the time regardless of what was running in the background and in different systems with different configurations.

When I build a system, the last thing I need is one of my customers bringing stuff back and complaining that it doesn't work. I know it's irresponsible and a bit unfair to use a blanket statement condemning an entire company, but when it comes down to it, if a customer wants a DVD player I'll reach for a Pioneer. If they want a soundcard I'll get them a Hercules. I don't need any headaches.

When I put my own personal system together I get all the latest stuff. Basically, I use myself as a guinea pig. My girlfriend wonders what's wrong with me. She asks me why I'm always screaming at my computer. I ask her, would you rather hear it from a customer?

I had trouble with my SB Live! Platinum from day one and each time I've changed platforms or OS's a new problem, usually driver related, would pop up. I've finally gotten the thing to work with old drivers that I just happened to save because the new drivers don't work and Creative dosn't have older drivers on their website. I paid over $160 (a wholesale price mind you) for that soundcard. Is that what I get for my hard-earned cash? Bad drivers, an inferior product and no future support? Gee, thanks Creative.

I had the MSI K7 Master 133 FSB bug long before anybody figured out what the hell it was. Why? Because I had that mobo in my system the day after the board was available to the public. My confidence has been shaken a bit in MSI but this has been only one incident. Historically MSI has made terrific mobos so I won't condemn them. In fact, the sytem I am running now has an MSI K7t 266 Pro in it and it has been BX stable. If I had gotten burned a couple more times then maybe I would think twice about recommending MSI products.

The moral of the story is that, in my opinion and with my experiences, Creative has quality control and customer relations problem. I can no longer, with any reasonable degree of confidence, recommend their products to anyone especially if my customers are going to return or complain about them.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
i have well understood your complaint but maybe you forget something.

you try creative products just for yourself & by yourself.
i think you cant draw some conclusions without a "biggest" test.
IMHO, its not an "objective" test.

but the pb is that this "biggest" test would involve your customers.

so the main question is :

would i try, at least one time, to sell one creative product to my customers ?
i try this "risky" business or not ?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I don't quite understand what you're getting at because you talk a lot like Juin, but I must stress that I wouldn't sell anything or recommend anything to my customers that I wouldn't use myself. I choose not to use Creative products, therefore I do not recommend them.